Obsidio by Amie Kaufman (Book 3 - YA Sci-Fi)My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Well, this had some action and intrigue, as well as some fun new characters, but it still didn't touch book one. It was just a bit too jumpy and convoluted. I know that's partly the format, but we switched so much between the characters from all 3 books/worlds/ships, that instead of it being fun and exciting to see our old characters, I never really settled in well with the new characters, even though I wanted to.
It's still a decent read, but it fell short of my hopes and expectations. Sometimes less is more, and I think this is one of those instances where less would have made this a more solid reading experience. Despite so much going on in this book, I often felt myself being bored or disconnected, which on some level makes no sense, when I just told you the plot is all over the place (and in theory should have kept me busy and paying attention).
Book 235 read in 2018
Pages: 615
No comments:
Post a Comment