This blog is for Missouri State Library staff members to record their books read for the annual Missouri Book Challenge.
Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge
Thursday, December 20, 2018
Paranormalcy Series by Kiersten White
Paranormalcy Series by Kiersten White
Book 1: Paranormalcy, 368 pages
Book 2: Supernaturally, 368 pages
Book 3: Endlessly, 416 pages
Summary for Book 1: Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through supernatural glamours.
She’s also about to find out that she may be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.
For fans of Teen Wolf, Buffy, and Supernatural, this New York Times bestseller is a witty, fresh, and downright fun read that will capture your heart.
I have to admit that I was seriously skeptical about this series. It's been on my TBR pile since the first book was published (2011, y'all). It had a lot of hype, and it was label 'paranormal romance' - both things that immediately turn me off. I need to get over those hangups, though! This series was really good!
I have to give some love to Ms. White for writing a teen, supernatural series, that retains the seriousness of that genre while allowing for the light humor and often flippant nature of teens. The main character, Evie, is great. She makes intelligent decisions, is strong and confident, and has a rather sardonic sense of humor (which I will always appreciate). There is also a strong theme of 'no judgement' and 'meeting people/paranormals where they are' that I'm 100% for. Every once in a while, the novels get a little too teeny-bopper, but it's not often and never lasts long.
Overall, this is a quick read that is fun, fast-paced, and unexpected. Definitely recommend.
Books & Overall: 4.5/5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment