Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Romance Package Strikes Again

In Too Deep (The Blackhawk Boys, #5)In Too Deep by Lexi Ryan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a great series, and I was able to pick right back up where I left off. There's some complex back story with this one, which kept things interesting.

This fits the trope for "accidentally" married in Vegas, which seems to be an endlessly fun concept, considering the many different ways things can go afterwards.

Book 422 read in 2018

Pages: 329


Forever Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #1)Forever Mine by Elizabeth Reyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think I got this book free on Kindle years ago and never read it, despite the solid reviews. Then when I saw it in the Audible Romance Package, I thought, what the heck? I'll give it a try. I wasn't sure at first, as there is a different style and flow to the writing, but it ended up being a pretty good story.

Book 423 read in 2018

Pages: 334

Always Been Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #2)Always Been Mine by Elizabeth Reyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is not as good as the first book. It details some by not resolving major issues. They just sort of slip under the rug. It makes it feel like there's too much unnecessary surface drama and not enough real intrigue. I like the couple, but I just didn't love the handling of their story.

Book 424 read in 2018

Pages: 372


Sweet Sofie (The Moreno Brothers, #3)Sweet Sofie by Elizabeth Reyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Short and mostly sweet.

Book 425 read in 2018

Pages: 223


Romero (The Moreno Brothers, #4)Romero by Elizabeth Reyes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This has some violence issues that go completely unaddressed. In storybook land, this guy is sexy, manly, stands up for what he thinks is right, and has a short fuse (basically all that full of testosterone crap that is supposed to be appealing as long as you don't have to live with it).

In reality, Romero would be that guy for whom there are so many red flags that you would be a complete idiot to move forward in the relationship. I wish that had been addressed better, but overall, it's a decent read if you just suspend your disbelief.

Book 426 read in 2018

Pages: 336

Making You Mine (The Moreno Brothers, #5)Making You Mine by Elizabeth Reyes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's a bit drawn out with drama that could use more teeth, but I like the couple, especially Gracie. There's some stuff that is just impossible for anyone to believe, which annoys me when the characters believe it, so there's some unnecessary manufactured drama. Despite that, it's not a bad read.

Book 427 read in 2018

Pages: 372

No comments:

Post a Comment