Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Name Books: Marked Men Series

Rule (Marked Men, #1)Rule by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

We get extra points for books with names in the titles for this year's work reading challenge, which is how I happened upon this series. It's called Marked Men, because Marked is the name of the tattoo shop that the majority of the guys work at.

This is a story of unrequited love, and it's delicious.

Book 200 read in 2018

Pages: 369

Jet (Marked Men, #2)Jet by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I can tell this series is going to be a problem for me, as it makes me want more ink, stat!

Book 201 read in 2018

Pages: 416

Rome (Marked Men, #3)Rome by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book deals with survivor's guilt, post military service, but the female lead brings some color and sass to the story to keep it from being too heavy.

Book 202 read in 2018

Pages: 387

Nash (Marked Men, #4)Nash by Jay Crownover


It's a good thing this was an audiobook, or I would have drooled on the cover. Luckily my phone has a waterproof case. Yum.

Book 203 read in 2018

Pages: 302

Rowdy (Marked Men, #5)Rowdy by Jay Crownover
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love these two characters. They are so unique, but I thought their story could have been a lot better. Something about it all was too easy, which made me feel less invested. It's strange for me that two characters with such messy and imperfect lives came together so easily. Even the drama of this one wasn't really drama but simple misunderstanding.

I'm not saying that two such lovely characters don't deserve an overwhelmingly happy love story (minus some side drama from their sisters), but I guess that I really don't need to read about that. Their happiness could have been acknowledge in another book, if this one wasn't going to have more oomph. Again, these are still two of the most interesting and unique characters out of the whole series, so perhaps my expectations were just too high.

Characters = A+
Storyline = B-

Book 205 read in 2018

Pages: 332

Asa (Marked Men, #6)Asa by Jay Crownover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It's a redemption story, about someone who has lost faith in themselves. I enjoyed that.

I thought this was the last book in the series, but apparently it branched out into a companion series that I need to check out.

Book 206 read in 2018

Pages: 316


No comments:

Post a Comment