Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Sunday, September 9, 2018

Altered Series by Jennifer Rush

Altered (Altered, #1)Altered by Jennifer Rush
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary: "Everything about Anna's life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There's Nick, Cas, Trev...and Sam, who has stolen Anna's heart. When the Branch decides it's time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them." 

I enjoyed the scientific notions involved in this book. I love the idea of genetic modifications or humans with abilities or powers. The characters are all fun and a bunch of charismatic guys. It offers a diversity of the personalities, which help offering a great group dynamic. I enjoy that the romance was just basically in the background of the book, it’s there but not to much. I really didn’t see the attraction between Sam and Anna though, I feel like it should be Nick and Anna, and maybe it will move that way. I really enjoyed the ending of the book most... can't wait to see how it moves forward. 

 323 Pages

Erased (Altered, #2)Erased by Jennifer Rush
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary: "After fleeing the Branch with Sam, Cas and Nick, Anna is learning how to survive in hiding, following Sam's rules: Don't draw attention to yourself. Always carry a weapon. Know your surroundings. Watch your back. When memories from Anna's old life begin to resurface -- and figure from her childhood reappears -- Anna's loyalties are tested."

I enjoyed how this book picked up right from where Altered left off. I enjoyed this book more than the first one, you begin to learn more about the past of the characters. It starts to fill the holes that are missing from the first book. I think that is why I enjoyed this book better than the first one. I started to come around to Anna and Sam a little more in this book, but still was secretly hoping that Nick and Anna would get together. 

288 Pages

  Reborn (Altered, #3)Reborn by Jennifer Rush
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Summary: "An action-packed, romantic, and suspenseful third book in the Altered series. The Branch is in shambles, but Anna, Sam Cas and Nick can't rest easy. Remnants of the organization lurk unseen and the flashbacks to their old lives are only getting stronger -- especially Nick's."

I was excited to see that Nick was getting his happy ever after. This book is all about Nick's past and what he starts to reminder from the past and what he did for the Branch. I enjoyed that this book has the two POV, I am a huge fan of knowing what both sides characters are thinking in a book like this. I feel like they left open that they could keep going with the series and I wish they would. 

323 Pages


No comments:

Post a Comment