Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Monday, September 17, 2018

The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1)Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#BecRereads2018

I enjoyed rereading this one. I forgot how much I love Henry. What a great character! Plus, book one has an exciting, action-packed ending with a lot of reveals.

This series has one of my favorite resolutions to a love triangle in the history of YA, so that's how I always remember this series. However, there's really none of that in the first book, so the majority of it must occur in the later two books. I'm looking forward to rereading those, as well.

I also like the contrast of Jessamine, who wants nothing to do with being a Shadowhunter. It's an interesting perspective.

This book lays a great foundation for a strong trilogy. Some of my favorite parts are yet to come, and I'm looking forward to finishing the other two books.

Book 319 read in 2018

Pages: 481


Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#BecRereads2018

Whew! 6 stars! Book 2 takes everything that is interesting about the characters and world in book 1 and turns it up 5 or 6 notches on the excitement/drama/conflict meter.

It seriously explores the varied relationships between characters, and the choices they've made in life, on top of being action-packed. It takes everything that was still lingering at the surface-level, and it starts digging it in deep.

This book reminds me why I was so obsessed with this trilogy, and why it still holds the place in my heart as the best YA love triangle resolution in the history of all YA (which obviously isn't going to happen until book 3, but there's so much build up in book 2, that I had to comment on it here).

Book 322 read in 2018

Pages: 502


Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #3)Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#BecRereads2018

This is my second time through this trilogy, and this is still the BEST RESOLUTION TO A YA LOVE TRIANGLE IN THE HISTORY OF ALL YA LOVE TRIANGLES.

Book 324 of 2018

Pages: 570


View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. YES! I was sobbing during the epilogue - best one ever! You might have convinced me to re-read these next! :)

    ReplyDelete