Welcome to the MOSL Book Challenge


Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Mortal Instruments (Books 4-6)

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#BecRereads2018

The first 3 books in this series are really solid, but I especially love books 4-6, as we start to get more of Magnus (my fav character) and a lot more of Simon (2nd fav).

I like the addition of new characters, especially the werewolves, and the fact that Clary officially starts her Shadowhunter training. Plus the Mark of Cain adds some intrigue.

I've really enjoyed revisiting this series.

Book 320 read in 2018

Pages: 424

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5)City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#BecRereads2018

I forgot how much happens in this book! There's so much action and drama!

I love the creepy dichotomy that exists between good and evil. There's a whole nature vs. nurture thing going on beneath the scenes that the inner-educator in me is endlessly fascinated with. Plus, there's plenty of romantic angst between supernatural creatures. That's always fun, too!

Book 323 read in 2018

Pages: 524

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#BecRereads2018

Wow. This series. And that ending. I'm so glad I revisited all 9 of these books (Infernal Devices and Mortal Instruments). I absolutely loved seeing the Clockwork characters, and their ancestors, pop up in these last few books.

I was supposed to wait to move onto Lady Midnight in November, since the 3rd book in that series comes out in December. However, I'm so excited for Emma's story that I may not be able to wait, now.

Book 326 read in 2018

Pages: 725

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
Fan-freaking-tastic! I love how it tied together the Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices! This was an awesome finale to a great series. It's action-packed, heart-warming, and sometimes I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. I adore these characters, and I loved being a part of their journey! Despite how long it is, the novel ended far too quickly for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment